Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
- Develop tools in SQL and excel to help guide business in setting strategic prices in the market, implement pricing improvement programs, and track financial impact
- Identify, validate, and quantify new pricing improvement opportunities across the entire product and service portfolio. Maintain a pipeline of near-, mid-, and long-term opportunities. Track and manage the progress toward substantiating the improvement opportunities in the pipeline
- Maintain strong communication with Business Analytics, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Commercial teams
- Regularly articulate and reinforce pricing strategies throughout the organization
- Provide subject matter expertise to sales teams on pricing strategy and implementation Develop and drive data-driven pricing guidelines/tools for business units
- Provide analysis and technical support for pricing initiatives that include setting list prices, determine customer specific discounts and identify product conversion opportunities
- Determine new product introduction price positioning optimizing price and value. Work closely with marketing, product management and finance teams to determine optimal launch price
- Teach and mentor commercial teams on strategies, tactics and approach for price attainment in their selling activities
- Perform ad hoc data analysis for business units around customer, products and vendors dynamics
- Identify, validate, and execute opportunities for sales performance improvements
- Prepare executive-level reports of findings and opportunities increase price attainment in the businesses
- Support the development and refinement of tools, policies, and procedures that enhance existing performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent analytical capabilities including SQL, Excel and relational database skills.
- Experience with in-depth financial modeling as well as demonstrated analytical and statistical problem solving skills, including data handling and relational database programming
- Minimum 3 years experience working with large data sets from multiple sources. SQL experience preferred.
- Strong commercial orientation with a balance of pricing and strategic business management capabilities. A passion for understanding pricing strategies and execution methodologies in a manufacturing and/or distribution business
- Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively influence and partner. Must relate well to all kinds of people, listens and builds constructive relationships, uses diplomacy and tact. Shows creativity and innovation in presenting ideas
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical. Has the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to drive projects and activities to successful conclusion, operating with a high sense of urgency
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in business, operations, mathematics, economics or a scientific field. An advanced degree in business or science is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad general guidance against a framework of defined business objectives
- Prior experience working in large corporate environment or a diversified, complex organization is preferred. Candidates should be comfortable operating within a matrix structure.
- Strong intellect, drive, and communication skills
- Ability to travel (~10%)