The Director of Global Market Development plays a vital role in the commercial success of the Reproductive Health (RH) organization within the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) and leads a globally focused team which serves Thermo Fisher’s commercial teams around the world.
GSD within Thermo Fisher is uniquely positioned as the market leader in innovative and leading genetic analysis platforms that can be critical in the continuum of reproductive health. RH vertical is tasked to tailor the powerful platforms to complete solutions designed for meeting the RH customer's unmet needs and unleash the power of our largest collection of platforms for RH applications.
Our Market Development team is central to our goal of bringing advanced technologies to our reproductive health customers. Our team is highly mission-driven, committed to advancing solutions around the world to ultimately improve the reproductive health continuum from preconception, family planning, to assisted pregnancy, prenatal testing and new born and post-natal diagnosis.
Reporting to the head of the business unit, the Global Market Development and Marketing Director drives marketing and market development strategy and initiatives across multiple target sub-segments and applications. This role owns the business unit global marketing plan and in addition to directly managing the North America market development execution by interfacing with both Product Management and Sales and Support team, the individual will also be coordinating with other designated regional RH leads from EMEA, China, APJ and South America to align global go-to-marketing strategies. This individual will own KOL relationship and collaborate with Product Management team to manage the RH Medical Advisory Committee. In addition, this team will also directly own the web content, segment-specific sales support materials, campaigns, eMarketing channels and strategies to help achieve marketing and revenue goals globally.
- Team Leadership – Lead a high-functioning team of marketing professionals, providing inspiration, guidance, coaching and development.
- Market Development – Lead a marketing team to identify global and regional market trends, competitive situation, reimbursement policy and diagnostic guidelines and regulatory landscape and growth opportunities and near and long term priorities. Gather and use relevant data to generate actionable insights and programs which drive market awareness, demand generation and competitive differentiation to achieve revenue targets.
- Marketing Program Management – Develop and execute global marketing programs and sales tools, website management and eMarketing channel management including customer loyalty program to enable new product introductions and sustaining programs. Ensure cross-functional program alignment and execution among Global and Regional Market Development teams, Product Management, Sales and other stakeholders. Oversee production of marketing materials including collateral, direct mail and eMarketing/Web. Successes will be measured by market awareness and demand generation.
- Product and Applications Sales Training and Support – Develop and deliver effective applications training programs emphasizing product differentiation, competitive selling strategies and tactics; provide ongoing sales support to influence customer decisions. Work with Product Management, Regional Market Development, Applications, Training and other teams to develop content including web content and application note and customer success stories and deliver training.
- KOL Management – Be at the forefront of the business and drive for expanded KOL program that ensures connection and strong relationships with KOL’s within each of the target sub-segments to bring voice of customer into the business unit. Be the advocate of the market and customer needs and influence the key KOL’s of the value of our technology. Generate proof materials to be leveraged in marketing and sales activities.
- Policy and guideline influence – have a key connection into major guideline agencies to ensure visibility and future trend of policies and guidelines that are key to business success.
- Sales and regional connection – develop a strong relationship with key sales leaders within the various regions to gain mind share of the sales team and align on strategies and tactics.
- Customer advocate – ensure sufficient face time in front of customers to truly manage and influence market future trends. Gain credibility within key accounts to help drive account health and growth.
- Build a scalable mechanism for marketing effectiveness assessment and management, marketing calendar management and visibility, team dashboard for maintaining accountability of each team member
MBA highly desirable
- Broad and deep experience developing and deploying global marketing programs in Life Sciences.
- Strong understanding of RH market and industry trends to develop and deploy effective global marketing programs.
- Demonstrated success working in a complex matrix environment including motivating and leading highly productive teams through direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Experience developing and conducting product training for a wide variety of audiences, including sales teams, regional marketing and customers.
- Expertise in developing and conducting market assessment surveys
- Broad understanding of various marketing methods and techniques and when to select each
- Strong commercial understanding and awareness. Proven success in building collaborative partnerships with commercial teams (Sales, Field Applications, Technical Support) and internal teams (Product Management, Regulatory & Quality, R&D and Manufacturing).
- Strong written communication skills, particularly in communicating scientific information effectively to various customer segments including scientific buyers, influencers and users
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication, negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-focused with the experience to understand and influence customer decisions
- Strong process improvement mindset – able to drive productivity and sustainable improvements.
- Proven experience and familiarity leading a metrics-driven organization, with the ability to understand the data and derive action plans from that data.
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology or related discipline plus 10+ years of experience driving new business and revenue growth with a global biotechnology company.