In- house European patent counsel, Darmstadt, Germany
A position has arisen for a European Patent Attorney to join our expanding in-house European legal team. The position will preferably be based at our site in Darmstadt, Germany and will include:
- Managing part of our extensive IP portfolio to maximize its value to the business.
- Establishing a close working relationship with our regional and US R&D groups and providing clear practical IP advice.
- Drafting new patent applications
- Amending US-drafted PCTs for EP regional phase
- Researching and drafting responses to EPO office actions
- Formal representation before EPO (filing, communications, oral proceedings)
- EPO Opposition and Appeal: drafting and responding, oral proceedings
- Searching, freedom to operate and infringement advice to the business
- Reviewing and advising on licence provisions
- Internal managerial /reporting functions
- Internal IP initiatives
- Providing relevant training to both our in-house IP trainees and our internal business partners
- Qualified European Patent Attorney
- Preferably, a PhD in Engineering / electronics (especially benchtop instrumentation, microfluidics etc)
- Ideally, German national Patentanwalt qualification.
- Fluent in English and German