Genetic Analysis Solutions Representative - North Texas
Job ID :
US - Texas - Remote / Field
- Develop and manage to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals of the company and
- Effectively compete to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to
address performance, workflow and budget.
- Manage qPCR and sequencing install base and consumable utilization. Identify the applications,
reagents, assays, and protocols available and convert the business.
- Manage existing Ion install base for consumable utilization. Target idle or underutilized
systems to drive successful adoption.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline
management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying
practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Utilize product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to
successfully conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations.
- Understand customer goals, priorities and challenges such that our solutions are best
positioned to address customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the
equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 5+ years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience preferred.
- Understanding of the procurement process.
- Ability to maneuver through the complex sales process of capital equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of qPCR and sequencing.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory.
Demonstrated technical ability to consult with customers on applications to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, kits and capabilities.
- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting.
- Successful experience working in a team environment.
- A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
- Previous experience selling capital equipment.