The Controller will act as a strategic business partner to the assigned organizations. Primary responsibilities include monitoring and recording all revenue transactions. The Controller will lead the monthly and quarterly accounting close process along with the forecasting and budgeting for North America sales operations. The Controller will also provide policy guidance to entities on accounting and financial issues. Specific deliverables include:
- Revenue recognition compliance and review for North America Sales.
- Complete monthly and quarterly accounting closes in compliance with US GAAP.
- Complete NA Sales budget and forecasts per schedule and monitor/measure results with Business Partners. This includes developing detailed capital plan and commission forecast.
- Work with both internal and external auditors for revenue recognition and compliance.
- Identify and resolve issues affecting financials or processes.
- Identify improvements and drive implementation to completion.
- Identify, monitor, influence, measure, and support attainment of department financials.
- Provide accurate forecasts for revenue, operating expenses, capital, and headcount on the monthly basis for current quarter.
- Manage North America sales inventory, including certified systems and demo inventory.
- Drive annual budget process.
- Provide financial support and advice to teams.
- Provide analytic support on their results.
- SOX Compliance.
- Maximize the financial performance and develop business partnership role of finance.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Requires a University degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Requires approximately 3 to 5 years of experience in the Accounting field with exposure to international regions.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and revenue recognition.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to drive and provide solutions.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Team player.
- Prior experience working with internal and external auditors.
- Monthly/quarterly accounting closing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Certification and knowledge of GAAP is required.
- Experience with ERP systems and advanced excel skills is required.