When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Instrument Sales Representative (ISR) will support the Molecular Spectroscopy (MOL) North America Sales organization of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The ISR will work with the commercial organization to transition leads to opportunities with a focus on revenue growth and customer interactions. The ISR will also provide support for the sales of after-market options and accessories, new product introductions, promotions and equipment retirement programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Driving Lead Generation:
- Drive revenue growth for MOL
- Prospect and discover key customer lead opportunities - Make outbound calls to new and existing customers via telephone and e-mail. Qualify leads and nurture opportunities.
- Introduce new instruments to perspective and existing customers
- Drive incremental sales of after-market options and accessories
- Focus on instrument retirements to generate new sales.
- Utilize UIA and SFDC to identify and communicate new opportunities
- Provide product information and recommendations to end users
- Participate in the implementation of sales strategies to meet team goals
- Support the growth and implementation of sales strategies for assigned business segments
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to develop account specific strategies
- Work closely with teams to drive key initiatives
- Effective at being an individual and team contributor
- Communicate with manager any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by the manager
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of customer contacts within SFDC
- Monthly team and pipeline calls
- Bachelors degree in science or business
- 1-3 years inside sales experience preferably in a related science field
- Ability to identify with and recognize customer requirements, providing appropriate recommendations and solutions
- Prior contracts experience a plus
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communications skills
- Internal account management and cold calling experience
- Results oriented focus with productive approach to sales
- Demonstrates a professional rapport with customers and co-workers
- Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of SFDC a plus
- Minimal travel includes: customer visits, tradeshows, trainings and sales meetings
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.