Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The principal focus of the incumbent is to be the human resources strategic business partner for the LPE, CTT and Quality & Regulatory organizations. In this capacity, the incumbent is a member of the senior management teams and is directly involved with the major business decisions of those organizations, including the strategy, the design of the organizations, and the implementation of the business models. Further, the incumbent understands that the business we are truly in is the “energy” business, driving excitement, competency and excellence across the five (5) items below:
Provide leadership to the field Human Resources teams:
- Develop and articulate a human resources global strategy, which is aligned with the Division and Group.
- Provide leadership & management within a matrixed organization design in order to build talented, engaged, and high performing human resources teams.
- Drive a passion for high performance human capital practices and outcomes through business leadership and the site Human Resources leaders.
- Create strong relationships/partnerships and leverage the Human Resources Centers of Excellence to ensure outstanding, full service support to the business.
Build a highly talented workforce through strong talent acquisition:
- Develop key relationships with the Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence communicating the human capital needs of the business and partnering in order to build a strong talent pipeline.
- Drive manager competency in the interview and selection process so that “A” talent is recognized and selected.
- Drive initiatives that will continually improve our diversity.
Build a highly engaged workforce:
- Lead the employee relations strategy across the Business Units.
- Use expertise and tools such as the Employee Involvement Survey to partner with leaders in implementing ideas and solutions that will drive employee engagement levels.
- Ensure performance and rewards programs including the annual Performance Management Development (PMD) process and variable pay programs are effectively executed.
Develop the capabilities of the leadership and employee base:
- Build highly competent leadership teams and workforce in partnership with the Talent Management Center of Excellence. Use established and new tools that will develop the workforce to include robust performance management, leadership training, 360 feedback instruments, individual development plans, etc.
- Lead the Human Resources Review (HRR) process and work closely with leaders to understand individuals/teams, develop succession plans and growth strategies for employees, and ultimately drive focus and accountability for building a world class organization.
- Be the top thought partner to the General Managers and senior leadership teams providing decision support on the human capital dimension of the business.
Drive a high performance culture:
- Drive our philosophy of employee differentiation to recognize and reward our best, and use coaching and counseling to continually improve performance levels.
- Ensure alignment of HR processes including the Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Use analytics to measure the effectiveness of human capital practices and make changes as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or business related field. Master’s degree and HR certification preferred.
- 10-12 years human resources experience with substantial expertise in a generalist and business partner capacity with a large, matrixed company. 5+ years’ experience leading a team.
- Experience in union/labor/works council relations.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and influence at every level of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the successful execution of high performance human capital practices across multiple facilities/geographies, globally.
- Demonstrated competence in broad fields of human resources including organization design, restructuring and change management, talent acquisition, employee engagement and relations, talent and organization development, performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of labor and employment laws.
- Experience with continuous process improvement methodologies (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated; a bias for action.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong business acumen and analytical ability.