When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Strategic role responsible for creating and executing plans to support the overall sourcing strategy for the business. Heavily engaged with LCR/LCM partners. Supporting the value streams on a tactical level as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Supplier/Partner relationships and development.
- Drive HLA/TLA outsourcing projects.
- Promoting and growing our Inventory programs (kanban and VOMI)
- Evaluate and manage supplier consolidation where there’s a case to do so.
- Manage quarterly supplier scorecard program and business reviews
- Support the R&D/NPI Sourcing lead as needed on supplier selection for new parts.
- Represent PAI at SBR’s
- Functionally support both value streams as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated subject or relevant professional qualifications with 5+ years experience in sourcing.
- Experience managing suppliers both domestically and overseas
- Proven track record of driving sourcing savings.
- Experience working with LCR/LCM suppliers.
- Optics and machined component sourcing experience preferred.
Microsoft Office skills, specifically: Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Must possess strong organizational skills. Calm and approachable nature with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels within the organization and externally with suppliers. The ability to work under pressure often to tight and changing deadlines. A flexible approach to working hours as required.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.