Customer Service Representative
Job ID :
Canada - Ottawa
- Responds to and resolves customer requests including processing orders, requests for pricing, product availability, delivery, billing questions as well as returns and cancellations.
- Answers product or service inquiries, and provides technical assistance as required
- Works with other departments within Thermo Fisher Scientific and with our Suppliers to find solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Accountable for resolving customer complaints (First Call Resolution) and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Follows established service quality standards and meets established processing times and follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standards (after call work, order accuracy etc.)
- Increases revenue by participating in up sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Stays abreast of new processes and initiatives within the company
EDUCATION and SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education preferably in science or equivalent work experience.
- Displays a customer service orientation. Excellent interpersonal skills/friendly and outgoing personality, and enjoys assisting others.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills including probing, active listening and written skills. Ability to exhibit patience and empathy and diffuse customer dissatisfaction.
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and quality.
- Organization and planning skills in order to meet customer commitments in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn and apply new information.
- Works independently and demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Strong PC knowledge, including Microsoft Outlook and Exceland excellent keyboarding skills
- Bilingualism (English/French) required
- 1+ year customer service experience.