When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is responsible for leading new product introductions (NPI) teams and requires significant cross-group coordination, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to drive collaborative discussions and decisions with all key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have strong Program and Project Management skills, be interested in and able to understand business strategy and technology, have the ability to focus at a detailed level on multiple strategic programs simultaneously, and be comfortable interacting with senior executives and core team members alike. We need a passionate Program Manager who will deliver execution excellence, making optimal use of the Phase-gate process. Come help the Thermo Fisher Scientific team deliver world-class products and solutions to our customers.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Leads, manages, coordinates, synchronizes, and is accountable for the execution of programs from Product Concept through Product Launch & Program Closure.
- Acts as information conduit between the Core Team and Sr. Management; prepares and presents Phase Reviews to the Product Approval Committee (PAC) as Core Team representative; initiates Exception Reviews as necessary.
- Acts as project champion and project “general manager”; manages team to execute all project deliverables; leads cross-functional core team.
- Acts as the Single Point of Contact to collaborators/partners project team and builds effective relationships
- Leads joint project team meetings with our collaborators/partners; documenting and executing the requirements, opens issues and risk mitigations, at a minimum
- Leads teams to define and prioritize scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Plans resource requirements and negotiates Core Team resources with functional managers; assist Core Team Members in negotiating extended team staffing.
- Develops accurate, actionable, and cross-functionally integrated program plans based on business goals, constraints, and risk tolerance.
- Develops and assertively drives timelines and budgets in coordination with other departments and teams.
- Drives risk assessment, communication, proactive mitigation planning, and contingency response planning.
- Tracks and communicates project status to all stakeholders.
- Schedules and drives core team meetings.
- Assists Core Team Members in resolving extended team and functional issues.
- Collaborates and coordinates across all the functional areas (R&D, Marketing, Product Management, QA/QC, Regulatory, Legal, Operations, Manufacturing, Service and Support and others) necessary to insure successful program completion and product launch.
- Contributes to performance evaluation of Core Team Members
- Develops and delivers original persuasive presentations
- Guides program teams through and executes Voice of the Customer (VOC) and User
- Centered Innovation (UCI) processes in partnership with Product Management and R&D.
- Builds effective relationships with core and extended team members, functional managers, senior management, and customers.
- Tracks and monitors team progress against requirements and plans; resolve deviations.
- Leads, documents, and communicates constructive lessons-learned analysis of completed programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) minimum, preferably in a scientific/technical discipline (e.g. biology, chemistry, engineering)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience combined between program management and product development
- Development and launch of diagnostic or medical device products under design controls (ISO 13485 and/or 21CFR)
- Experience managing projects with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Experience managing contractor or partner relationships
- Experience managing projects that require clinical validation prior to FDA submission
- Stage-gate product development process experience
- Ability to distill, prioritize, and act on feedback from a variety of sources
- Ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Ability to work independently without significant direction
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, crisis management, and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, and the ability to work effectively with a variety of other personal styles
- Excellent leadership skills particularly the ability to influence stakeholders in other functions over whom the Program Manager has no direct managing authority
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Initiative. Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- VOC process experience preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our
ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com