Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, QuantiGene
Reports to: Northeast District Manager, Antibodies and Immunoassay Systems
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for sales and related support activities for branched DNA products within the Thermo Fisher Scientific Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems group. They will sell products to specified pharmaceutical, academic and government accounts comprising the assigned territory: Eastern States (New York through Florida) Incumbent will work from a remote location but must be located within the territory/region with a strong preference for Philadelphia or New Jersey as a base.
The Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems portfolio contains innovative, high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery with a strong focus on the areas of cellular immunity, immunotherapy and oncology. Our extensive portfolio of leading edge cell analysis products and technologies focused on flow cytometer and immunodetection position our customers to be at the forefront of science. With the inclusion of branched DNA technology in our portfolio, we now give our customers the ability to simultaneously detect both protein and RNA at the single cell level by flow cytometer using our PrimeFlow™ assay and by microscopy use our ViewRNA™ cell assays. Our QuantiGene® Plex assay uses Luminex® technology coupled with branched DNA to allow the quantitation of up to 80 genes in a single well from a sample lysate with no enzyme based amplification.
- Achievement of assigned territory sales and profit goals within expense budget plan by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits and by telephone
- Work closely with Life Science Group (LSG) counterparts and Distribution reps to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- TSS is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of branched DNA products within the Antibodies and Immunoassays portfolio and services to support both LSG reps and distribution
- Generates, qualifies and closes sales leads by building a strong pipeline, focused on technologies including PrimeFlow™, ViewRNA™, QuantiGene® Plex and QuantiGene® SinglePlex assays
- Maintain appropriate records and process demos, sample requests per Company guidelines
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows and related activities as deemed necessary
- Prepare and implement annual Territory Sales Plan and update as needed
- Special Projects as requested
- Identifies and mitigates competitive barriers
- May provide after sales technical support and customer service
- Coordinates and/or conducts both technical and promotional seminars
The territory starts in New York and covers all states south of that down to Florida. ( NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, NC, SC, GA, FL).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in life science research industry serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic accounts with good track record and to multiple people within an account (scientists, PI’s, MD’s, Department Leads, Purchasing departments etc)
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory and experience growing pharmaceutical accounts
- Must have experience with immunology, cell biology and molecular biology
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Must be proficient in using MS office, and experience in using CRM systems
- Overnight travel up to 50% of the time based upon territory
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record
- Master’s or PhD degree
- 5 years sales experience in life science research industry serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic accounts
- Extensive experience calling on pharmaceutical and biotechnology accounts
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.