Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Waltham
The Senior Internal Auditor will conduct internal financial audits and risk assessments including testing and documenting financial records for integrity and transaction accuracy. S/he will prepare audit plans and understands the specific issues to be evaluated. S/he will execute internal audits within established business process controls and reports discrepancies. S/he will develop formal written reports to communicate audit results to management and makes recommendations as appropriate. May facilitate work of external auditors during on-site visits and requires audit knowledge and skills in finance/accounting.
- Perform audits resulting in assurances that our internal controls and processes meet world-class standards
- Work closely with management teams in developing audit findings and recommendations regarding business process optimization, profit improvement, internal control and compliance
- Participate in annual Sarbanes-Oxley assertion and attestation process
- Participate in a variety of special projects
- Assist with the development of risk assessments and audit plans
- Assist in establishing common processes, policies, and procedures across a multi-location, international company.
- Provide support for internal investigations as required.
- 5-7 years audit or industry accounting experience – CPA and public accounting preferred
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or finance, certification a plus
- Strong team building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management are prerequisites to success in this position
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and focus on exceeding goals and results.
- Self motivated and ability to work independently
- Effective communication skills
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines while working on multiple deliverables
- Must be able to travel 30-40%
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Sarbanes-Oxley audit/financial experience
- Prior audit experience through either the public accounting sector or internal audit
- Strong accounting background