Job Title: Scientist II, Protein Biology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Introduction to the Division /Function
BioSciences Division is part of Life Science Solutions Group in Thermo Fisher Scientific and R&D group in Bangalore is involved in antibodies and immunoassay development using recombinant DNA technology.
Role Description (Purpose of the role)
Scientist II will be working on ongoing R & D projects related to antibody development.
- Working with a team on research projects using standard techniques and protocols
- Responsible for designing experiments, data analysis and recording.
- Presenting data to a larger group on a regular basis and troubleshoot as needed.
- Up to date on cutting edge technologies in protein biology
- Having experience in mentoring undergraduate students or junior scientists.
Must have Ph.D in Biotechnology/Life Sciences or related discipline or Masters in related fields with 7 years of experience in relevant industry
Skills and Experience
- Should have a clear understanding of Antibody development.
- Extensive experience in structural biology, protein chemistry, protein biology and bioinformatics.
- GLP and prior hands on experience in protein work flow are must.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals would be a bonus. Good understanding of research projects using standard techniques and protocols.
- Should be a good team player, ready to learn new techniques and innovative thinker.
- Industry experience, bioinformatics and grant writing skills will be considered as a bonus.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status