The Graduate EHS role will consult internally on the implementation of the EHS policy direction across New South Wales operations and provide advice in relation to risk mitigation and reduction.
The position requires flexibility, reliability and the ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve the EHS objectives of the organisation. The incumbent must be willing to travel interstate and must be able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and manage a high volume of work under time constraints.
- To provide hands on implementation support of the EHS Management System to senior managers, employees and EHS Committees.
- To drive corrective action implementation and completion of the organisations Hazard and Corrective Action Register.
- To undertake, monitor and review EHS Audits and Inspections and assess the appropriateness of remedial actions proposed and implemented.
- To implement and maintain emergency preparedness processes and ensure personnel are trained and resources are in place to support the organisations response capability.
- To lead improvements to the EHS culture by partnering with personnel to embed and improve EHS in day to day activities.
- To assist the organisation in meeting the requirements of the EHS Management System and reducing workplace injury and illness.
- To develop and deliver EHS training programs to support risk reduction and health and wellbeing.
- To manage workers compensation claims and return to work for injured employees across the relevant region of Australia
- Contribute to the cycle of continuous improvement in all areas of EHS.
- A Diploma in Work Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to implement and maintain auditable EHS Management Systems.
- A personal commitment to best practice.
- Initiative and determination.
- A knowledge of New South Wales WHS legislation.
- Understanding of auditing EHS Management Systems and their implementation against Australian and International Standards.
- Sound understanding of risk management principles and methodology