“What I do at Thermo Fisher Scientific extends outward—to my coworkers, to the scientific community and to people around the world who benefit from our innovative thinking and advanced technology.”
-Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee
Job Title: Sr. Marcom Specialist,
Requisition ID: Tewksbury, MA
How will you make an impact?
With over 50,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you spend your time doing?
• Closely collaborating with global marketing managers to understand business needs and then recommending the most effective, innovative communications strategies, plans, media channels, and tools to help achieve business objectives specific to the Pharmaceutical industry segment
• Leading the development of positioning and differentiated messaging for new and existing products
• Working side-by-side with our internal creative services group, outside agencies, and other vendors to execute all communications, including: customer presentations, selling tools, advertising, case studies, e-marketing initiatives, product brochures, web site content, white papers, videos, webinars, trade show promotions, webcasts, mobile communications, PR campaigns, and educational programs
• Developing timelines and managing projects through the system from creative direction and development to legal and regulatory approval to production—and ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of project progress
• Cascading messaging and communications to country communications, business, and sales managers
• Collaborating with other global communication functions, including Brand and Channel Management, Employee Communications, Public Relations, Events and Exhibitions, and Web Operations to ensure that resources are optimized, best practices are leveraged, and messaging is consistent
• Analyzing quality and effectiveness of marketing communication initiatives—and presenting metrics-based recommendations for plan improvement
• Seeking opportunities to support the Thermo Fisher Scientific brand and enhance the company's image
Knowledge and Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience with a proven track record of accomplishments in marketing/marketing communications/advertising/business management
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred
• Demonstrated mastery of multiple business communications disciplines, including integrated campaign development, sales force communications, advertising, tradeshow messaging, direct mail, internet marketing, interactive, video, and mobile devices marketing
• Excellent English language skills; including very strong oral and written communication, grammar, proofreading, editing, and spelling abilities—with a high level of attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to provide well-thought-out direction and feedback to creative teams
• Strong project management skills, including development of timelines, communication of project status, and ability to move creative projects from creative development through legal and regulatory approval to production
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently—from concept and strategy development through tactical execution
• Strong customer focus and relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated leadership, negotiation, and strategic thinking skills.
• Dynamic personality with a “can-do" attitude
• Appreciation of and sensitivity to a global environment and cultural differences
• Mastery of Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business administration, advertising, or related area required. Master’s degree is highly desirable.