When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: The Field Service Engineer within the Environmental & Process Monitoring Business Unit is responsible for providing field support to Customers in Industrial Settings to ensure the stable and ongoing operations of customer purchased equipment. Acting as an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific, the Field Service Engineer (FSE) will; execute installations, provide product/technical training to customers, perform scheduled maintenance, and utilize troubleshooting skills in industrial locations both indoors and outdoors.
This position will provide Field Service Support for Environmental Monitoring Equipment and Nuclear Gauges. The equipment that will be serviced is used in Power Generation, Paper Mills, Cement Mills,
Steel Mills, Refineries, and Ambient Monitoring Stations.
- Act as an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific and EPM
- Provide Field Support in an Industrial Setting to customers to ensure the stable and ongoing operation of customer purchased equipment
- Consult with the customer to explore current and future needs, develop action plans to ensure needs are met quickly and efficiently
- Consult and recommend future services to customers including service contracts, preventative maintenance schedules etc.
- Communicate with customer to implement any necessary corrective actions
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain Thermo Fisher Scientific equipment located at customer sites
- Provide on-site training to customers
- Proper interpretation of blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications
- Perform Routine and Preventative Maintenance on customer equipment
- Provide Technical Support to customers via Telephone
- Provide feedback and documentation of work performed to Customer and others as appropriate
- Input accurate expense information in to Concur system for approval in a timely manner
- At least 5 years of applicable Field Service Experience with Air Quality or Environmental Monitoring Equipment in an industrial setting
- Ability to travel 80% of the time and must be flexible with travel including nights and weekends as needed
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Military Electronics Training
- Strong Customer Service, Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Enthusiastic and Positive Attitude
- Ability to work independently at remote locations
- Capable of reading schematics and drawings
- Must be physically able to climb ladders/stairs or ride industrial style elevators to heights of 300 feet
- Regularly lift or move 25 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 50 lbs and occasional lift 100+ pounds.
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.