The Instrument Sales Specialist (Genetic Analysis) will work to Increase the install base of Thermo Fisher Scientific Instrumentation within the sales territory ( ION Torrent, Capillary Electrophoresis, RT PCR and Microarrays)
You will work with local sales colleagues and manager sales to ensure all possible actions are done in order to secure business in competitive situations.
- Achieve the agreed sales target.
- Drive business expansion in collaboration with Support, Sales and Market Development.
- Build up reference sites as required.
- Set up and undertake complex negotiations. Review effectiveness or negotiation strategy on a continual basis. Benchmark own sales techniques against best practice. Coach sales colleagues and ensure transfer of knowledge, experience and best sales practice.
- Sales Forecasting.
- Anticipate pipeline changes and has plans in place to address shortfalls.
- See trends and coordinate sales activities with sales manager accordingly.
- Academic degree (MSc) in scientific disciplines, possibly life science.
- Relevant Sales experience and a high level of professional expertise gained in the sale of CapEx lab instrumentation.
- Relevant technical and scientific background.
- A track records of closing high value deals in highly competitive situations.
- Familiar with using common sales strategies such as Miller Heimann or SPIN.
- Able to develop and implement strategies that drive growth.
- Good verbal and written command of the German and English (technical) language.
- Able to undertake frequent travel. There is the possible need to participate in congresses over weekends.
- Strong teamwork skills able to align across teams and organisations and fosters collaboration.
- Establishes stretch goals and drives for results.
- Able to take responsibility by holding self accountable for personal delivery.
- First class negotiating skills, able to influence in highly competitive market space and work proactively to differentiate and promote the benefits of the Thermofisher Scientific portfolio and close deals.
- Solid organisational skills and ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills and the ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to work in a complex cross-functionally environment.
This position will cover London and the surrounding territories.