Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Strong business partnering and ability to work across the matrix
- Establish a strong Business partnership with the Services Management team through accurate financial reporting and business analysis.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in and influence a complex structure
- Become an active and contributing member of the ULS Finance team
- Direct responsibility for daily operations and analytics for N. America Instrument Services
2) Provide solid business understanding through analysis
- Development and communication of the Instrument Services’ financial and operating goals. This includes the Annual Operating Plan and the Monthly and Quarterly updates.
- Responsible for the monthly closing process, financial statements, variance analysis and presentation of financial results.
- Responsible for the profitability assessment of business proposals, including development of pricing/costing models to support business reviews
- Management of Customer, Regional and Industry profitability trends and analysis
- Create monthly 3rd party product financial reporting package and MBR-related support
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to understand and explain 3rd party product financial results and/or variance trends
3) Drive PPI (Practical Process Improvement) throughout the organization
- Proactively identify and communicate areas for operational and financial improvement
- Champion PPI projects to drive process and productivity improvement develop and implement meaningful financial metrics, partner on implementation and measure results.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of finance experience
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High-energy self-starter with strong drive for results. Demonstrated passion for exceeding customer requirements.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge and strong technical capability (financial analysis, accounting / control and business process re-engineering).
- Strong business and strategic acumen.
- Ability to move beyond the numbers to understand the operational and strategic implications of business decisions while maintaining a strong grasp of the details. Continually identifies and pursues opportunities to improve processes.
- Effective communicator that can influence a matrix organization at varying leadership levels (provides information clearly and concisely). Ability to present compelling, concise evidence to support positions. Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Capable of developing high levels of credibility and forging solid and positive professional relationships (subordinates, peers, and upper management); strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Systems experience: SAP/Oracle, Essbase, Navision, Cognos experience preferred and proficiency in MS Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- 10% international and domestic travel.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance