When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus Plan – eligible to participate to earn additional compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement – eligible after 90 days of employment
The Engineering/Electrical Controls Technician will work as part of the Engineering Team to provide technical support for electrical and control requirements. With a PPI and continuous improvement mindset, the Controls Technician will offer support of the manufacturing facility through controls system design and implementation. This includes both the facility and production equipment.
- Technical resource as related to electrical and control requirements. Will be required to assist other manufacturing departments relating to electrical controls, PLC programming and applications, electrical design, start up and overall support
- Interface with senior level management at meetings, PPI Groups, Engineering Manager and Finance Manager
- Control system design and implementation experience relating to all phases of electrical control as used in a manufacturing environment. This includes but is not limited to building operations, process controls, utility monitoring and reporting and process control and monitoring
- Offer support and troubleshooting assistance to Engineers, Team Leaders, and all Maintenance personnel.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools, including but not limited to TPM, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis and support LEAN efforts, including PPI and Kaizen.
- Interface as needed with the IT Team to resolve problems and support projects and equipment.
- Evaluate the requirements to determine what current equipment and processes can be used or if new equipment/upgrades are needed.
- Work independently or with maintenance assistance as required to carry out the above requirements. The person will be viewed as an individual contributor and will be required to work independently to resolve issues.
- Establish timelines, work on Teams, develop Teams and train lower level Maintenance Techincians on PLC troubleshooting and basic programming.
- Interface with other departments as a resource in the development of new products, policies and procedures.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Must supply your owns tools as related to you field and areas of responsibility
- Train maintenance personnel on PLC and industrial controls
- Suggest process improvement upgrades and/or device upgrades.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Combination of office work and work throughout the manufacturing facility. Sitting and standing for extended periods of time, subject to noise and heat conditions on a regular basis. Lifting up to 50 pounds. Combination of reaching, stretching, and twisting motions encountered on a frequent basis.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexible schedule with call in responsibilities, company supplies cell phone for on call support
- Microsoft and database computer experience.
- Ability to meet business needs and deadlines reliably.
- High degree of accuracy required and detail oriented.
- High PLC programming experience, with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Basic electrical experience
- High school diploma/GED/Technical school experience and equivalent work experience. Associates degree or trade license is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Relocation benefits have not been approved for this position.