Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10.5 billion, we have more than 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Responsible for day to day achievement of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity goals (SQDIP). Guides and supervises Cell Leads and Team Members. Drives the implementation of PPI-Lean Enterprise and utilizes PPI Problem Solving methodology to improve all processes by eliminating waste.
• Leads day-to-day activities within the Value Stream to ensure swift and accurate completion of customer orders
• Participates in fact-based analysis with Value Stream team to create current state Value Stream map of the end-to-end Value Stream. Manages projects to a future state Value Stream map that uses Lean techniques to eliminate waste and improve processes
• Provides leadership direction to cell leads and team members of designated Value Stream as well as providing the training and guidance necessary to enable the employees to improve their own abilities and skill levels
• Must embrace change, and be able to lead and change in team members
• Must embrace the 4 I’s values. Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement
• Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, scheduling and organizing work assignments within the company policies and procedures.
• Maintain associates files in the areas of attendance, utilization, training, and quality. As well as provide regular reviews and counseling where required.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and a high level of safety awareness amongassociates. Maintains excellent housekeeping practices through 5S implementation with appropriate audits
• Must have at least 1 year working experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience leading teams
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must possess a technical aptitude and knowledge of continuous process improvement techniques in a Lean manufacturing environment
• Proficient with MS Office suite
• PPI certificated