When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- NGS Technical sales specialist provides technical expertise that enables Human Identification sales team to fully understand customers’ needs in NGS applications and develop appropriate solutions.
- This role may also present or demonstrate product proposals and provide technical support to customers before and after a sale.
- This role involves extensive travel because it’s territory typically span all over the country.
- To find potential customers, Technical Sales Specialist follows up on recommendations from current clients, read journals and search the Internet. He meets with customers and technical staff to discover what they need. He can then prepare and deliver presentations that propose solutions offered by the company. TSS must be able to work closely with the customers, helping them to specify their requirements and understand the benefits of the company’s proposals:
- Generate and track leads & prospects in the certain territory;
- Participate in important conferences to introduce the applications of NGS products; Collaborate with marketing team to deliver seminar speeches;
- Make on site presentations about Thermo Fisher’s NGS products for Forensic Sciences;
- Participate in the cooperation projects with Chinese key partners, helping customers to develop applications and solutions on NGS and relevant products;
- Coordinate NGS FAS/FBS colleagues to solve customers’ problems about experiment and data analysis to increase customers’ satisfaction;
- Collect market and completion information; collaborate with product managers to make sales tools for field sales.
- A doctoral/master degree in Molecular Biology or a related discipline is preferred. Excellent product and technical knowledge in NGS, wet-lab experience, and sense of sales are strong add-ons.
- Candidates who do not have master degrees but have at least 5 years of experience with technology or sales are welcome as well.
- A TSS needs to prove his strong interpersonal skills because he is going to build long-term relationships with clients and communicate verbally and in writing with other sales team members and technical peers. He must be persuasive in his presentations and persistent in pursuing leads.
- Strong NGS background is preferred for this position.
- Team work spirit and learning ability will be considered importantly.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.