When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Program Operations Manager will work with the North American Portfolio Management team, North American Marketing team and the Canadian Commercial Team and other functional departments within the Research and Safety Market Division (RSD) to implement, provide input into, and report on progress of market specific programs and strategies as well as operational initiatives focused on aligning practices across North America. He/She will work cross-functionally and lead internal teams to meet customer needs.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Portfolio Management and Marketing for any Canadian-specific knowledge of markets, business processes, reporting and employee connections.
- Identifies and ensures clear two-way communication of key requirements and updates within the RSD North American organization.
- Establish on-boarding curriculum requirement for Canadian portfolio and operations team (for new and existing team members).
- Evaluate and optimize commercial sales tools and delivery for Field and Direct teams.
- Analyzes current processes, identified best practices in both the US and Canada and executes plans to adopt those at the NA scale:
- Business and Operational Processes
- New product launches to Canada
- Price roll (annual/mid-year price increases)
- NA programs/promotions (Activate Science, Flex Dollars, RESULTs, etc.)
- Partner with Marketing to effectively shape Marketing programs and content needs for RSD Canada.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience managing and optimizing operational processes.
- Bachelor degree (sales/marketing would be valued).
- Experience with the channel (distribution) business model.
- Experience in the Canadian clinical market segment.
- Familiarity with key operational process in both US and Canada.
- Strong analytical and data mining organizational and project management skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Bachelor degree related to a field of science is preferred.
- MBA would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to identify business opportunities in relation to growth strategies.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.