When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Reports To: Technical Support Director or Manager
Position Location: Madison, WI. Preferred, Remote will be considered for highly experienced applicant.
Position Summary: Provide technical support and consultation to service personnel and customers, primarily in North American marketplace but occasionally to the rest of the World. The position will specifically be supporting immunomagnetic and fluorescence imaging technology Instrumentation and peripherals. Support will include electronic, mechanical, software and basic applications related to the Fluidics, Clinical Chemistry and/or Immunoassays. Position also requires excellent time management and accurate data entry skills.
- Complaint handling and problem resolution: Handles all customer technical inquiries and complaints on the phone or electronically. Determines the level of complexity and escalates calls as necessary to achieve maximum first time resolution. Provides individualized response to customer concerns or inquiries regarding support of the products. Appropriately identifies and manages all potential health and safety calls.
- Provide technical support via phone or electronically to customers, external and internal, involving hardware, software and operation.
- Maintain highly accurate records in the service database for compliance regulations.
- Provide basic application support for internal and external customers.
- Understands and complies with all cGMP and QSR requirements defined by management and outlined in current SOP’s.
- Assist in developing and implementation of plans to improve technical services and capabilities while working towards corporate/individual revenue and customer allegiance goals.
- Strive to increase customer satisfaction on a daily basis.
- Train and mentor any new Technical Support staff on CellSearch products.
- Possible handling of bio-hazard materials during training or on-site events.
- All other duties as assigned by Technical Support Manager and/or Supervisor.
- A degree in Scientific discipline (i.e. chemistry, biology, engineering, medical)
- Previous experience in a support environment
- 3+ years experience working in a lab (science or medical) or experience in a Hospital Clinical Lab, Blood Center or related field preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and have strong interpersonal skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities necessary:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Detailed understanding of Windows based softwares, networking and PC hardware.
- Ability to prioritize multiple high priority activities (tech support calls, training, data entry, and other group needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet these requirements.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Independently resolve difficult customer problems.
- Ability to travel 5 - 10% of the time for training and business purposes
- Willing to work flexible shift hours
Physical Work Requirements:
- Some lifting, not to exceed 50 pounds
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time – including use of keyboard and monitor
- Potential work with bio-hazardous materials
- Use of telephone headset
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com