How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $18 billion, we have more than 55,000 employees and serve over 400,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinic diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands: Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Application Support – Environmental Food Safety & Pharma – Benelux remote
What will be your key duties and responsibilities?
You will be the expert with the following responsibilities:
- Provide high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support working closely and primarily with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) product lines, service and sales.
- Ensure support activities are provided in a prioritized way to VIP and seed unit customers in a timely manner while focusing on customer satisfaction and on a continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer.
- Responsible to ensure best practice in Thermo Fisher Scientific customer demonstration labs, working jointly with Sales Support Managers, in the performance of top-class applied markets customer demonstrations and delivery of demo reports, application methods and apps notes, customer training and other activities.
- Responsible to co-develop and adapt relevant marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and applications/method development projects and sharing such work/results with direct manager, the sales support team, with responsible product line marketing organization.
- Co-develop and adapt appropriate training collateral to fit both customer and internal requirements.
- Work closely with other Sales Support Experts, with Training and Customer Support European colleagues who have ultimate responsibility for training.
- Responsible for identifying training needs and coordinating the delivery of training.
- Must make daily use of SalesForce.com (SFDC) to track activities which must be linked to opportunities.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar. Ph.D. preferred.
- Excellent relevant product line knowledge with at least 5 years hands-on LC/MS experience at pharma/CRO/analytical laboratory, preferably with triple quadrupole and Orbitrap instruments; environmental food safety experience or pharma knowledge/experience required.
- Solid knowledge in screening and quantitation of small molecules.
- Strong experience in method development and method optimization across LCMS platforms.
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate these into relevant applications and training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong self-organizational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively mainly within the appointed region but frequently through Europe.
- Excellent command of English and Dutch/French or German language is a must. Any other additional EU Language is a positive asset.
- Extremely strong customer focus.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets and develop strategies and tactics to grow the relevant portion of the business.
- Must be flexible and prepared to undertake tasks as required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of interpersonal and organizational skill.
This position is home-office based in Benelux. Travel is required (approx. 50%-70%) within Europe.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV in English.
Please apply to Job ID 49862BR on http://jobs.thermofisher.com/
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.