Job Title: Site Specialist II, Glasswash
Reports To: Site Supervisor or Site Manager
Group/Division: Customer Channels Group/RSD/Unity Lab Services
Career Band: II
Location: Cambridge, MA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Site Specialist will perform daily pick up of utilized glassware from labs, process, sterilize, and redistribute the glassware to satellite storage areas.
Familiarity with working in a laboratory setting including, GMP environments with glassware washers, autoclaves, and depyrogenation ovens.
- Daily pickup of utilized glassware from labs, wash, sterilize, and redistribute to satellite storage areas
- Perform assemblies of spinner flasks, tubing applications, and additional specialized client glassware
- Maintain good house keeping
- Interact daily with scientific staff
- Reporting production metrics to management
- Adhere to all customer cGMP SOP’s
- Maintain compliance with cGMP training
- Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass
- Maintain glassware processing schedules and flexible to fast paced changing priorities
- Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement.
- Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer.
- Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility.
- Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations.
- Perform duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate’s degree at minimum.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 3 + years of progressive relevant experience preferred.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in cGMP environment preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word).
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Demonstrates basic leadership concepts.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.