Sr Cost Accountant
Self-starter to independently manage and lead activities related to inventory, manufacturing and project costing including variance analysis and process improvement projects of the inventory and manufacturing cost function.
- Familiar with Project costing and possess strong ERP system experience. Work with the VP of Finance to develop the Project Costing module
- Manage the inventory month-end close process including the ERP closing of the system module, closing work orders, projects and running the month end reports
- Analyze and validate the as part of the month-end close
- Reconciles all inventory and related reserves as part of the month-end close process including research and resolving differences as part of the month-end close
- Perform quarterly review of standard and actual costs for inaccuracies and lead activities to identify the root issues, solve problems, and provide recommendations to management
- Research, analyze and provide recommendations on gross margin by custom product and product line at each period-end including comparison to quote and assumptions
- Analyzing changes in product design such as ECO, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost and remediate any problems
- Prepare, analyze and create journal entries to correctly value overhead costs to capitalized inventory as required by
- Manage the accuracy of demo inventory and parts and improve the process flow working with operations
- Lead and partner with operations on the bi-annual cost roll up for inventory accuracy including research, resolution and recommendations to remediate problems
- Lead and partner with operations on the physical inventory and cycle count program including investigation and remediation of count variance root causes
- Analyze the reserves for E&O and warranty and prepare the journal entry for Controller review
- Lead, analyze and investigate variances such as labor, material, and overhead with recommendations and solutions to problems and issues encountered.
- Lead and analyze budget/actual and forecast/actual variances and provide succinct explanations for management review
- Assist the VP of Finance in preparing slides for the inventory and costing activities
- Other duties as assigned
- A BS degree in Accounting with minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with standard and project costing in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills to lead projects and present recommendations to executive management
- Skills to communicate and effectively work with multi-department teams
- Leadership skills to manage people and resources
- Planning, organizing and working on own initiative
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Intuitive System ERP experience desired or equivalent Oracle, SAP
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.