This role is responsible for the warehousing, distribution and transportation activities at the Central Distribution Center facility along with the US Freight Charge and % Delivery from Home Base DC within the US. The role is responsible for delivering the required safety, quality, service and financial results utilizing PPI/Continuous Improvement methodology in the Lenexa CDC. The role holder will ensure Best Practice is introduced via Standard Work and Daily / Visual Management and embed a culture of CI. The role holder will ensure that MBD complies with all internal Thermo Fisher Scientific, as well as external policies, procedures and regulations. They will also ensure the appropriate training and development of the Distribution team resulting in a motivated and engaged team that learns, grows and delivers the desired business results.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on all distribution and warehousing areas.
- PPI/Lean Enterprise - Create a strong PPI funnel and coach / lead through the implementation phases to ensure targets are met.
- Implement Daily and Visual Management techniques to drive operational excellence.
- Execute the strategic business plans. Translate Division business goals into planning and logistics departmental goals; ensure implementation of plans to achieve or exceed goals. Track progress toward goals and ensure prompt initiation of corrective actions.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies. Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production or QA.
- Understand capacity and ensure maximum utilization and efficiency of available resources to meet supply plans in collaboration with Distribution / Warehouse Managers.
- Manage activities and drive continuous improvement in material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing and receiving.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Design and execute warehousing strategies for production materials.
- Ensure a safe work environment, working closely with EHS and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions. Investigate safety problems, develop alternatives with Occupational Health and HSE Advisers and implement and communicate changes
- Manage to strategic and financial objectives and department expense budget.
- Assure the proper application of established company policies and guidelines.
- Provide for the continuous procedural improvement and employee adherence in order to comply with all GMP/QSR, and ISO requirements related to area of responsibility. Comply with all FDA, ISO, DOT and other regulations as communicated by Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Infrequent country travel
- 5+ years of related work experience in multi-faceted Manufacturing environment in a management capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Material Management or Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- APICS CPIM preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in MRP / MRPII software.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access and MS Project
- Solid foundation in Root Cause Problem Solving, Process Flow / Value stream Mapping and Standard Work application.
- Proven ability to lead, engage and develop teams to achieve successful results in a complex system warehouse.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to interface & influence effectively at all levels of the organization and work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Self motivated with strong leadership skills. Innovative, dynamic, multi-tasking and organized.
- Effective, articulate and concise communicator with effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Significant experience of value stream management, data collection and analysis and ERP implementation.
- Excellent leadership qualities and experience in running a complex system warehouse.
- Experience with logistical development and strategic continuous improvement Distribution Center efforts. strong analytical, data management and organizational skills
- Solid understanding and understanding of warehouse management software solution
- Experience in employee involvement principals, business planning and budget planning, execution and productivity and quality improvement methods
- Results oriented and an excellent communicator (oral and written)