The Sales and Service Division (SSD) of FEI is charged with selling and servicing FEI products in geographical territories worldwide. The SSD Organization serves as the primary FEI contact to both potential customers and current customers alike, providing a range of value-added products and services and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The Field Service Manager works closely with the market divisions and the sales and service management team to ensure that the following key objectives are achieved:
- Strategies for effective global support are developed, agreed and executed
- Customer satisfaction is maintained at high levels when compared competitively
- Global resourcing levels are understood and achieved
- Appropriate service account management (site management) capabilities are established at each key site, together with required technical skills
- Service revenues and costs are in line with business plan/budgetary requirements
- Key reporting and metrics are set up and maintained for each key site and product
- Through the Technical Support group, push for product quality and reliability improvements as indicated by data derived from site activity
- Represent FEI company and service as a manager when dealing with customers
- Ability to manage staff, assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a University degree in a related field
- Typically requires 10+ years of relevant professional experience within a related industry; for managers typically requires 5 years in a management role.
- Experience leading service organizations within a medium to large scale company, providing support to equipment customers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with international customers essential
- Superior influencing and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive change within organizations
- Strong business management skills\\
- Ability to travel internationally and obtain a valid passport