When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, perform any task in all areas managed by the Warehouse Supervisor for non-exempt employees. This will include shipping, receiving, tugger driver, or any other task as required.
- Must be licensed to operate Tugger, Walkie/rider and electric pallet truck.
- Fills customer orders by obtaining material from designated picking bays. Fills out proper paperwork by indicating quantities being picked.
- Moves orders to staging area and consolidates for ease of repacking and stretch wrapping.
- Prepares product for shipment by verifying goods by quantity, catalog number, and size against Pick list.
- Consolidates goods, restacks on proper skids when required, per customer instructions. Sorts and applies computerized shipping headers. Stretchwraps for shipment when required.
- Completes necessary paperwork including Packing list and Bill of Lading. Stages orders on floor or loads directly on spotted trailers.
- Wraps, loads and issues product to truck locations to go out for sterilization and completes all necessary paperwork.
- Loads and unloads trucks as required.
- Inspects received materials for visual damage. If damage is noted, communicates with the delivery person and the QC inspector assigned to the Receiving department.
- Responsible for the orderly storage and proper labeling of all received item.
- Delivers purchased and manufactured components to manufacturing areas using standardize tugger routes and pull systems
- Loads material on tugger carts based on following pull system rules/guidelines
- Pick’s up Finish Goods from manufacturing areas and delivers to warehouse for storage or staged for delivery.
- Verifies production move tickets, return to stock forms and Goods Receipts forms to accuracy of quantities, description and catalog number. Verifies lot numbers when required.
- Keeps Market areas neat and orderly.
- Maintains proper safety procedures and housekeeping, i.e., keeping racks, aisles, and staging floor neat and orderly.
- Operates PC units performing functions in the SAP system.
- Takes accurate cycle counts when errors are located.
- Observes all safety rules to prevent injury to self and/or others.
- Keeps warehouse neat and orderly. Performs required 6S tasks.
- Follow all quality work instructions (QWIs) as defined in NNI’s ISO system.
- Perform any other task as requested by Supervisor
- Read, write and follow written instructions.
- Good verbal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to operate high lift equipment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.