Job ID :
US - Kansas - Lenexa
The position is responsible for a wide range of activities primarily supporting the Microbiology Division Sales team. This person will collaborate with sales, finance, legal, and customer service to manage the contracting process for national, local, and government accounts. Responsibilities include contract review and drafting, bid and quote preparation, contract compliance audits, reporting, and analysis of sales proposals and quotes.
- Act as an advisor for any legal, government or business related contracting or formal bid issues. Coordinate and review contract terms with Thermo Fisher Legal department consistent with business direction.
- Assist sales in the preparation of proposals for new contracts or modifications and renewal of existing contracts.
- Review and assist with preparation of customer proposals and financial models consistent with business guidelines and approval policies.
- Demonstrate ability to operate independently with broad general guidance against a framework of defined business objectives.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally and effectively influence and partner. Must relate well to all kinds of people, listen and build constructive relationships. Must show creativity and innovation in presenting ideas and problem solving.
- Must be able to accomplish detailed tasks and drive projects and activities to successful completion.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the business need warrants.
Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- B.A. /B.S. degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field required. J.D. preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in compiling and analyzing financial information.
- Significant experience in contract negotiation preferred.
- Experience in a business/finance or contract administration role with diverse responsibilities is preferred
- Knowledge of diagnostic/medical products and markets preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Understand finance principles.
- Goal oriented, highly motivated with demonstrated success in meeting departmental goals for timeliness and accuracy of contracts.
- A strong intellect, drive, analytical skills, communication skills are all expected in this role.