When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Emerging Technologies is engaged in rich Scientific application and platform engineering: Desktop, Enterprise hardened Cloud ready and Cloud applications.
LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) team works in a fast-paced/agile environment required to deliver new features very often to the market. The application is a cloud-based Java/JEE web app, extensively using multiple AWS services such as EC2, S3, EBS, Route53, SQS, SNS. The team collaborates with multiple internal teams working on Thermo Fisher Cloud and Core Informatics platforms. The design and development follows the industry-standard scrum-based agile development process.
- The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for gathering functional requirements from end users and translating those functional requirements into a user requirements specification (URS) document or jira stories. The Business Analyst creates the vision of how the requirements overlay onto the Thermo Fisher Cloud platform and Core Informatics CoreLIMS and CoreELN products out of the box functionality to produce a cohesive solution, providing functional options to the Customer teams to ensure implementation and system use, within project timelines
- General responsibilities
- Partner with the customer to establish deployment objectives and success criteria and help them develop a plan to achieve those objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s industry business challenges and objectives to appropriately map Core Informatics and Thermo Fisher Cloud platform features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of Core Informatics and Thermo Fisher cloud platform functionality, courses and support services integral to the customer's success.
- Become a Core Informatics and Thermo Fisher Cloud platform expert in currently available functionality and be comfortable and adept at quickly learning and adopting enhancements as they are introduced.
- Solution Implementation responsibilities
- Document customer success criteria in line with customer business objectives and manage the customer to those objectives.
- Contribute to the development of and tracking against project plans around requirements gathering progress, milestones and targeted go-live date.
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business objectives and develop risk mitigation plans to manage the risk with Customer and Thermo Fisher team members.
- Gather software requirements from end users and assist in writing user requirement documents.
- Assist in implementing system configurations for customers based on requirements.
- Work closely with engineering resources to define requirements for product changes.
- Provide periodic updates to customer stakeholders on the progress of the customer implementations.
- Ensure all customer communication and documentation is recorded in appropriate repositories (JIRA Confluence, Salesforce, etc.) to maintain product documentation.
- Success Management responsibilities
- Participate in the development of external and internal documentation including technical and user requirement specifications and standard operating procedures.
- Provide detailed descriptions of new product features to assist with product documentation and training materials including user manuals, training presentations and videos.
- Provide insight toward product development initiatives from information gathered from customer requirement gathering sessions.
- Manage customer expectations around system functionality, propose alternatives where needed and proactively manage customer requirements sessions towards completion against project timelines.
- Assist the company with corporate content regarding product features and releases including company websites, product brochures, training materials and release notes.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring and training additional business analysts.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor.
Required Experience :
- 5+ years of life sciences experience
- Good understanding of laboratory processes and methods
- Good understanding of Information Technology and enterprise information management solutions
- Highly organized, creative and motivated, energized working in entrepreneurial culture
- A self-starter with excellent written communications and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish and manage competing priorities, work independently and be proactive and perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate issues, risk and work proactively to develop alternatives to ensure delivery.
- Willingness to travel
- Experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with LIMS.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS software delivery models.
- Expertise and experience dealing with large, complicated, political accounts at the most senior IT and business levels