Commercial Manager Life Science Storage EMEA (home based)
Job ID: 49961BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. The mission is to enable customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
This role within the European Commercial Organization is responsible for: Commercial Marketing Management of the Life Science Storage product portfolio, with emphasis on implementing and regionalizing the global product strategy and driving portfolio growth.
The role can be based anywhere within central Europe.
- Responsible for enabling product line revenue across EMEA, profitability and market share growth objectives
- Analyses the EMEA markets, needs and opportunities for these products and provides regional input to the strategic plan
- Develops the regional product commercialization strategy, including development and recommendation for implementation of tactics and tools, to accomplish growth targets
- Works closely with Divisional and Business Unit (BU) management teams to identify and communicate market and customer needs in order to facilitate the development of product strategies and product development
- Represents the Voice of the Customer to the BU and provides insight into key market & pricing trends and evolving customer requirements
- Represent the regional market/customer needs to product management in the development of new products and solutions
- Supports the definition of core competency requirements of sales team and works with regional sales leaders to ensure appropriate distribution of competencies to facilitate growth
- Works with Marketing Communications to implement promotional tactics and use metrics to assess performance of each promotional program
- Works with Business Units to define regional trade show strategies including national, local channel partner and One Thermo activities
- Works with key suppliers in Category Management and Channel Management to increase mind share and drive growth
- Organizes and conducts product and/or commercial/marketing training for the commercial teams, inside sales and channel partners
- Helps assess regional product demo needs and helps set up and monitor the process in the region
- Works with the Product Manager to ensure an efficient sampling strategy for the region
- Prepares and presents at business reviews
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Degree in Marketing Management or Business Administration
- Must have a passion for our Laboratory Consumables and Equipment products and the associated markets
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industry, academia, or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Several years’ experience in Sales is mandatory.
- Demonstrated excellence in English; oral and written communications skills (additional European language skills are not essential but would be an advantage).
- Demonstrated excellence in B2B and B2C marketing
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis
- Demonstrated success in forming inter-departmental relationships. Ability to work efficiently in a matrix structure.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The position is home office based
- The position requires up to 40% travel depending on business needs
We are looking forward to receive your application. Please refer to the above Job ID and include your salary expectations as well as your period of notice.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.