When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
· Define, communicate, and execute production plans on programs that carry constraints (e.g.scope, timelines & cost etc.) while delivering the best user experience
· Capable of adapting and rendering high-fidelity screen design layouts from guidance and established framework provided by Senior Visual Designers
· Develop and design iconography based on common standards and existing styles
· Articulate and track project milestones, deliverables and risks with deliverables
· Compare high-fidelity mockups with implementation and document differences
· Create visual design specifications from High-Fidelity mockups
· Collaborate with US based designers and Singapore based Engineers
· 3+ years of experience in a software applications and graphic user interface design role /function is preferred, but not as important as skillset, personality, and strong desire to use your talents to improve the end-user experience.
· Knowledge and practice of UX industry best practices including User-Centered Design and HFE best practices
· An expert understanding of current version of Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Some experience designing HTML web sites and/or mobile apps with highly intuitive UI and navigation schemes
· Expert visual literacy and understanding of typography, illustration, color theory, wire framing, and photo manipulation
· Must have comfort with and be able to demonstrate verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak effectively before staff or other internal groups
· Proficient with diverse writing, presentation, and some project management software
· Travel requirements:
· Ability to participate in an initial training of three weeks in the US
· Periodic trips to the US for design collaborations
You should also:
• Be interested in doing work that benefits society - we make the world a cleaner, healthier and safer place!
• Happy to work with others in a collaborative environment
Extras that could move you up the list:
· 7 years’ experience or more
· Basic knowledge of CSS, Dreamweaver, After Effects, 3d Software, and Microsoft Office.
· Other interaction design software
· Success in persuading project teams that investing in good design is worth it
· Experience in web-apps
· Excellent verbal presentation skills
· Excellent relationship skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.