We are seeking a Senior Marketing professional to join a newly formed team that will transform how we engage with researchers in the life science community. This exciting role will be part of the team that develops and delivers a novel customer loyalty strategy that will both delight our customers and change our personalized marketing initiatives for the Life Science Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Senior Marketing Manager for Loyalty Benefits will lead the benefits strategy, development, execution, innovation and results across all channels for product evaluation in the new loyalty program. The position reports to the Senior Director, BID Customer Loyalty Marketing and works closely with business and functional leaders, within the division and across the wider organization, as needed to deliver world class experience to our customers.
The professional who best fits this position is passionate about customer success, engagement and loyalty and is determined to deliver results through continuous improvement of our customers’ all around experience. To be successful, this professional must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment at a global level and collaborating with large cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Leads the vision, development, implementation, ongoing management and performance measurement of BIDs overarching product evaluation program as part of the overall Loyalty Strategy
- Owns the Loyalty Benefits goals and objectives, and reviews and revises benefits and policies to maximize member value and loyalty, maintain program competitiveness, and balance operational and cost impacts
- Accountable to achieve KPI targets as mutually established with the business and regularly reports to Senior Management on target performance
- Outlines program rules and implements key fraud & abuse prevention scenarios & mitigation strategies
- Manages loyalty benefit budget to ensure that program profitability goals are achieved
- Works closely with other Benefit Managers, technical support, eBusiness solutions and product management teams to ensure customer adoption success and conversion
- Drives Loyalty Benefits innovation efforts, from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, management of new offering launches and sales training
- Stays current on market trends in order to continually improve the program and overall customer experience and identifies opportunities for increasing customer and program value through differentiated offerings
- Builds a multi-generational program plan to continue to drive revenue for the program and profitable growth for the division
- Advocates product evaluation as a key customer benefit across business units, regions and functions. Influences and educates the wider LSG marketing organization to adopt the benefit program as an integral part of the marketing mix.
- Develops comprehensive customer segmentation and the corresponding personalized marketing plans to drive loyalty and the desired customer behavior under the loyalty strategy umbrella
- Interacts and communicates with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, report out to leadership, and engagement of various external consultants as needed.
- As needed, manages any other cross-business or loyalty initiatives leading to improved customer experience
- 5-8 years of experience in product/service marketing, customer applications, or customer experience management. Loyalty program experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive superior results
- Experience driving lead qualification and nurture efforts, or exposure to an enterprise sales background focused on increasing lead conversion, is desirable
- Experience with planning, executing, and tracking large marketing projects and budgets
- Analytics report design and strategy - understanding the appropriate KPIs to show success and setting appropriate metrics and targets
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior leaders on a regular basis
- Demonstrated ability to work across divisions and with consulting agencies to tackle business improvement problems
- Passion for learning, testing, and creating new practices as it relates to trialing and the overall customer experience improvement