When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Scientist I, Cell Biology is expected to contribute to the development, production, and quality of TDX product lines that require the use of mammalian cell under supervision in a team environment. Techniques for genomic DNA isolation and typing, flow cytometry as well as cell line generation, expansion and banking are routinely utilized; data generation and analysis with advanced instrumentation and software require continuous learning; troubleshooting and process improvement present challenges to aspired individuals.
- Maintain mammalian cell culture including thawing, passaging, expansion, cell banking, and inventory management
- Characterize cell growth by Vi-Cell, antigen expression by flow cytometry, cell line identity by molecular typing, and cell line purity by mycoplasma and sterility testing
- Generate recombinant cell lines including preparing expression constructs, performing transfection, pool selection, clone screening, candidate clone selection, scaling up and cell banking
- Support Cell Harvest Group for antigen production
- Isolate Genomic DNA from various sources including blood and established cell lines
- Characterize genomic DNA and manage inventory
- Perform studies or investigations under the guidance of senior members or managers in Cell Biology
- Perform essential lab duties including preparing buffers, reagents and media, maintaining lab supplies and supporting other functions in Cell Biology
- Compile and analyze data to complete update or report
- Perform all activities in compliance with GDP/GMP, regulatory and safety policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology or a related discipline in Biological Sciences
- Three (3) months of laboratory experience in working with DNA and/or mammalian cells
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and good time management
- Flexible with changing plans and schedules
- Good oral and written communication skills
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- General laboratory and office environment, prolonged standing/walking and sitting positions are sometimes required for conducting experiments, data input, and data analysis.
- To be successful in this role, this person is expected to be able to work both independently and in teams
This position has not been budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.