CREDIT & COLLECTION REPRESENTATIVE
Spanish and Portuguese Speaker (Portuguese essential)
Position objective and job scope:
- The role involves taking responsibility for the collection of debt on allocated accounts.
- Calculation, approval and maintenance of credit limits and hold review.
- This involves the assessment of new accounts, and would suit a candidate with excellent rapport building ability, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to achieve the desired results.
- General credit control account administration.
- This next position (S3) happens after a 12 months qualifying period as an S2 with dialogues that constantly say meeting or exceeding expectations. Minimum Requirements: SOLID/HIGH Potential and HIGH Performer on yearly calibration plus a major skill milestone such as dual ERP.
- Perform and evaluate credit checks on new customer accounts according to company policy
- Check credit limits in place for all accounts within the designated countries and maintain credit limits in line with company policy and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Proactively contact customers, primarily by telephone, in regard to payments to ensure invoice processing and payment has been scheduled; plan and prioritize customer calls regularly to maximise collections on the largest open invoices.
- Maintain on relevant systems collector call and invoice logs with status updates and follow up details.
- Work with local sales, CS, and Team Leader to solve problem accounts and determine when accounts should be placed on hold.
- Update ERPS manually placing about accounts on hold
- Oversee the monitoring of all accounts placed on hold within designated credit management countries, ensuring the release of orders once payment is received, or when appropriate evidence is secured. Carry out appropriate hold activity directly on allocated Key Accounts.
- Liaise with other departments and communicate credit hold decisions to relevant business units / departments.
- Allocate credits on a regular basis in consultation with: Cash allocation team, Customer Services and customers.
- Log, review and monitor customer complaints, copy invoice requests.
- Assist with the companies E-Bill process if relevant.
- Assist the cash application team where needed.
- May assist in the training of new employees joining the ITC Dept.
- Various ad hoc responsibilities as assigned by Team Leader / Manager.
- Any other related tasks / duties as may be allocated from time to time.
- This position interacts with various levels of personnel both inside and outside the company. That interaction requires good communication skills and judgement, tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers in troubleshooting problems and communicating status.
- A high level of proactivity to contact customers to chase overdue debt is expected – Especially on phone communication.
- Effectiveness in this role requires a thorough working knowledge of relevant accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Initiative and organisation skills are valuable to ensure the timely completion of a large volume of work.
- System knowledge is essential to perform this role effectively and efficiently.
Education & Experience:
- Educated to higher / standard grade level.
- ICM qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Requires experience ideally operating in a busy accounts receivable or customer service function dealing with Public as well as Commercial customers.
- Must demonstrate excellent computer skills; relevant software application proficiency strongly preferred.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving transactional issues and interacting effectively with team leaders and management required.
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Previous business application of language skills preferred – Portuguese (essential) and Spanish
- Has contact with various levels of company employees and external customers.
Location & Working Conditions:
- Paisley Shared Service Centre
- Works in an office environment.
- May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time, with considerable interaction on the telephone and regular viewing of computer monitor.
- Potential visits to customers may involve travel