When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position is part of the IT Global Operations team supporting the Distribution, Logistics, Procurement, Planning and Manufacturing business related systems. This includes Oracle Enterprise One (E1) and SAP ERP systems as well as Manhattan Warehouse Management System (WMS Enterprise), DSI dcLink (WMS Lite), and TRAX (Transportation Management). These systems are critical to the daily operation of the business in order fulfillment and shipment delivery. This team and position are highly visible where there will be ample opportunities to make an impact. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to assist the team in various capacities, including enhancements work and production support. This person will also facilitate communication between the US based E1/SAP BAs and the offshore E1/SAP development teams.
We are looking for a driven individual, with a proactive personality who is willing to go the extra length to surpass the expectations of our customer (Distribution and Manufacturing Business). Prior experience in Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Management and/or Transportation Management is required.
- Triage of support tickets and follow up with end users
- Conduct and/or participate in requirements gathering and design workshops
- Develop high level design and coordinate with development team
- Create and execute test scripts, capture defects, verify fixes and report updates
- Perform functional, end-to-end, regression, and smoke testing
- Coordination of enhancements requiring offshore development, including handoff calls
- Troubleshoot issues, identify problems and develop practical solutions
- Develop change and release documentation
- Support change management processes
- Document release notes and develop training materials
- Contribute to knowledge repository
Requirements (Must Have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, Systems Analysis or closely related field of study.
- 5 - 7 years of E1 (JDE) experience in any of the following areas: Experience on implementation and support of Inventory, Distribution, Procurement, Planning and Manufacturing modules. Transportation Management and Order Management is a plus
- Experience working with Inventory Configuration, Pick Pack Ship processes, Purchase Order processing, Intercompany process and Work Order management. Specific knowledge of lot management, pick slips, shipment confirmation, dispatch notes, invoicing and requisitions.
- Working knowledge of OMW and SQL; experience with CreateForm, Manhattan WMS, DSI dcLINK or Precision Trax knowledge would be a plus
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL; familiarity with HP Quality Center would be a plus
- Ability to navigate complex multi-functional environments across multiple business units, be a team player and enjoy working as part of a multi-cultural team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to interpret business needs and translate them into functional and sytem requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and proactively manage tasks to completion
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Confidence and leadership ability
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.