We have a great opportunity for a field based Account Manager with a scientific background and a passion for networking and building relationships.
The role involves overall management of customers within the specified territory , with the objective of achieving territory financial targets, identifying growth opportunities and developing strong customer & company relationships.
- Achieve and exceed sales territory financial targets including:
- Revenue and order intake.
- Gross Margin (including percentage and contract pricing management).
- Expenses within agreed levels & ensure cost effective travel planning.
- Grow business in line with company targets.
- Ensure that an effective customer contact program is being implemented and managed so as to maximize sales growth & key customer relationships.
- Develop and implement key account plans and strategies in line with marketing and sales management objectives.
- Report and communicate internally in order to ensure opportunities are being maximized and customer (external & internal) expectations are being met.
- Ensure that sales territory and customer e-commerce targets are achieved.
- Meet key performance standards and exceed customer expectations in terms of service levels: response time, complaint resolution and management, follow ups and provision of information, etc.
- Tertiary qualification in a scientific field is essential.
- Previous laboratory experience or similar technical support role.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- An ability to develop and execute sales and account plans in line with marketing and key customer objectives.
- An ability to understand technical products and Research and Academia markets/customers.
- Comprehensive knowledge and confidence in the sales process.
- Previous Sales experience with accountability for achievement of KPI’s and Financial Targets.
- High standard of computer literacy.