Job Title: Production Shift Supervisor
The position reports directly to the Manufacturing Operations Manager and is responsible for the day to day management of the Production Shift. The role is critical in ensuring products are made to cGMP requirements, on time to schedule and are of good quality. The Supervisor is responsible for coordinating with the other Supervisors in BPC’s and Chamber department.
Preferred education & experience
- Motivated individual with experience of BPC manufacture or other product / manufacturing experience.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Relevant experience of manufacturing in a cGMP environment.
- A positive attitude and the ability / confidence to take decisions under pressure when required.
- Demonstrable skills in the direct management of staff.
- Effective communication skills including, listening, verbal and non-verbal.
- Good computer skills.
Key skills & abilities:
- Responsible for the direct supervision of BPC production shift ensuring that products are built to schedule, to cGMP requirements, customer specification and company quality standards.
- Ensure effective utilisation and efficiency of resources within production to maximise productivity, using the line leads on each line. Communicate on a daily basis performance against production plan both within department and to external departments.
Key skills & abilities (cont):
- Monitor the performance of the department appropriately using production standards and other tools where applicable. Communicate progress, issues and ideas to improve processes, utilisation and efficiency.
- Work with process leads to ensure they complete all investigations and tasks required for the department
- Liaise with the other department supervisors and the planning department in regards to resource requirements to meet customer demand whilst considering other department commitments.
- Ensure that personnel are trained and competent to carry out tasks being performed and work with production trainers to increase levels of competence within department. Communicate and coordinate across shifts where training levels impact performance.
- Excellent team working skills are required to manage and motive team members and be influential within the manufacturing team. To be a Role Model Leader within the shift and the production department.
- Ability to priorities and solve problems by understanding a situation, deliberating a course of actions, develop recommendations, communicate and implement a process for change in a controlled manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems and Oracle.
- Monitor and mentor individuals within the department to ensure company standards and expectations are maintained and enforced. Review performance with individuals on a regular basis. Complete PMD’s for the BPC shift ensuring that accurate feedback is delivered to individuals to strengthen individual and departments performance.
- Communicate well and regularly to personnel on shift including but not limited to performance of the department, company communications and well as individual performance. Mediate between parties where applicable. Communicate well between shifts to ensure effective handover of production.
- Communicate well with customers during quality and technical audits of the site.
- Meticulous attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Self motivated, with good interpersonal & interdepartmental co-ordination skills.
- Perform weekly Gemba walks of the department recording actions and following up on previous actions.
- Manage weekly cleans of the department ensuring environmental standards are maintained.
- A degree of flexibility is required within the position including willingness and availability to work overtime and weekends at short notice and to work shift patterns. Availability and willingness to travel within, & outside, of the UK may be required.
- To understand and accept personal responsibilities for Health & Safety on site in compliance with UK legislation and the Company’s Health & Safety Management System.
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required.