The Marketing Specialist for Protein and Cell Analysis will support event planning and lead generation for a variety of product portfolios. This dynamic individual will work closely with marketing campaign managers and other internal partners to contribute to the overall growth of the Protein and Cell Analysis Business, globally. This role requires a strong team player and project manager who is able to align and drive teams to work within defined internal guidelines while working under tight time schedules.
- Serve as primary liaison for event planning representing the needs of the Protein and Cell Analysis business with other internal event execution teams.
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders (global marketing and regional marketing teams) to define and execute event strategies.
- Collaborate with internal project teams to plan and execute on individual events to meet pre-defined goals and KPIs.
- Drive lead generation for sales teams by managing projects with external tele-marketing vendors.
- Demonstrate the ability to work across large cross-functional teams while supporting highly varied and complex projects.
- Seek out innovative and cutting-edge ways to market to customers through events.
- Analyze and report on divisional and regional events results and pro-actively provide recommendations for future event planning.
- Assist other education team members with their marketing projects by providing guidance, support and constructive feedback
- Control and manage budget for assigned events.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned based on specific strengths and skill sets.
Nature and Scope:
- This position requires a highly team-oriented approach and interacts with varying internal and external personnel at all leadership and functional levels.
- Building strong professional relationships and the ability to influence without authority are required.
- Persuasive communication ability across a diverse group of stakeholders, presentation acumen and ability to analyze and concisely report results is required.
- Strong marketing and project management mindset as well as customer focus are essential.
- Effectiveness in this role requires excellent listening skills, the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, and a general knowledge of operating plans as well as the ability to manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- At least 2-4 years in an event management and/or project management position.
- Experience with matrixed marketing organization ecosystems.
- Experience in event planning in a highly technical field or scientific environment is preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills required.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, accurately, and quickly.
- Thorough understanding of technical/scientific content
- Keen attention to detail and high regard for quality
- Strong relationship management, project management, and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business desired. Background in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time in North America, including weekends as needed.