This position is responsible for the management of the contracting department staff and contracting processes. As a key member of the US Operations Team, the Contract Manager will ensure contracts and processes are aligned with company objectives. This individual will provide strategic direction to management on legal matters and contract review working with corporate legal. Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure performance and ensures compliance with agreements.
- Work with commercial and business teams, facilitate corporate processes for contract review and ensure that contracts are concluded in a timely manner and in a process consistent with all corporate requirements.
- Prepare, review, redline, and amend contracts including, license agreements, supply agreements, purchase and sale terms, consulting agreements, confidential disclosure agreements and quality agreements.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of key terms, both legal and business, when negotiating agreements.
- Draft agreements, including crafting language that effectively communicates complex technical and business terms in clear and concise contractual terms.
- Lead, mentor, coach, and develop a staff of 1 - 2 contracts professionals that will support the entire contract review process.
- Work with lawyers in various specialty areas, other contract specialists and legal staff in the legal department to coordinate review of contracts by responsible in-house business counsel.
- Communicate regularly and report on the status of contracts with the Senior Management, Senior Corporate Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, VP and GM level business leadership, and directly with business contacts.
- Flag and escalate appropriate matters to the Senior Manager and Senior Corporate Counsel for guidance.
- In conjunction with corporate legal requirements, provide training to internal clients on a variety of contract-related and other legal topics.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program required
- Paralegal Certificate, or CCCM or CPCM Certification
- J.D. or related experience may be considered in lieu of certification
- 6+ years experience in contract drafting, negotiation and review
- Must have knowledge of contract and business law
- Prior experience handling all contract-related matters in a corporate setting, including development and/or negotiation of large customer and vendor contracts
- 3-5 years supervisory experience preferred
- Possess strong leadership and team building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Ability to independently review, redline and negotiate commercial contracts (with lawyer supervision as needed)
- Strong project and process management skills
- Must meet key milestones and deliverables under tight timelines and challenging workload
- Demonstrates sound judgment based on principles of law and corporate policy, and is able to make recommendations that are aligned with the business and internal or external customer and managers
- Effective communication and presentation styles
- Must possess excellent multi-tasking organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented and produce high-level, quality work-product
- Self-motivated work ethic that requires minimal direction to meet goals and objectives
- Solid business acumen with ability to work cross functionally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and document comparison software
- Experience with government contracts and medical device products a plus
- Proficiency in AdobePro a plus
- Must enjoy working in a team environment
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.