When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Animal Health Business is part of the Life Science Solutions Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific. We develop and deliver diagnostic tools and services that help address the most economically important farm animal diseases of today, while driving innovations to meet the animal health challenges of tomorrow. This includes a superior combination of PCR and ELISA diagnostic kits, universal sample prep solutions, and master mixes that are supported by a global network of manufacturing and customer service specialists. We are leading the way with next-generation sequencing (NGS) and genotyping by sequencing (GBS) solutions for the livestock and animal health markets.
We are looking for an experienced R&D Associate to support our global product development team.
- Execute on diagnostic assay development using antibody-based detection technologies (ELISA, LFA, etc.)
- Conduct experiments from proof of concept to validation and launch and maintain accurate documentation in laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant Thermo Fisher standards to support patent application and defense
- Prepare and deliver technical documents and project progress reports such as product stability, verification and validation reports as well as technical transfer documents
- Presentation of scientific/technical work at internal/external meetings.
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across the organization to track and support projects through development
- Understanding regulatory requirements (ISO 9001), comply with Health, Safety and Environmental policies and work under the principles of design control in a regulated environment.
- Being innovative and having a curious mindset as well as the ability to multitask while maintaining a results-oriented focus are essential
- BS/Master in Biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology or biotechnology
- At least 1 to 2 year industrial experiences (preferred product development, assay development)
- Worked in laboratory (do experiments like ELISA, PCR, qPCR etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong English communication and writing skills is must, German is preferred and additional language is advantaged.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com. *IND-EMEA