A Business Analyst (BA) is a part of the IT Team which consists of functional business experts and technical architects/developers who operate a “One Team” philosophy to support the business functions. The BA acts as an enabler between the business community who have challenges and the technology which can offer a solution. A key part of the BA’s job is to facilitate the capturing of functional business requirements by gathering, analyzing and documenting the requirements in a way that can be understood by a diverse audience (technical and non-technical alike). A BA prepares benefit justifications and then serves as the main liaison between the business users and the architects/developers in order to implement effective solutions.
To a BA, not all solutions include a systems development component, but may consist mostly of a process improvement or organizational change. The BA finds ways to leverage the standard functionality and keep customization/enhancements to a minimum while enabling unique business processes that provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace. A truly effective BA aligns him/her self with the needs of the business and then offers support before, during and after the execution of a technology solution. This position demands that BA's keep their skills sharp in both technology trends and best practices of the industry. BA’s have a passion for making sure that new software and processes are effectively integrated/adopted within the functions to achieve maximum productivity gains, while meeting the needs of the business and maintaining proper data integrity.
The Associate Business Analyst PPS reports to the IT Supervisor PPS and is a valuable member of the BA team, providing day to day support to the Distribution function, participating in small and major projects and working independently on smaller enhancements as designated by the manager.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Support the business in the Distribution/PPS area.
- Manage day to day IT issues through the designated ticketing process keeping the relevant business partners informed at all stages.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the business processes as well as a strong working rapport with business users.
- Aid in the project management process up to and including leading enhancement/small projects. This would include scope definition, project planning, and project status reporting.
- Create requirements documents for projects and enhancements through facilitation with key project stakeholders and sponsors
- Create functional specifications and work with developers to translate into technical specifications.
- Ensure application prototypes align with business requirements and user acceptance.
- Develop and execute functional test plans and facilitate user acceptance process.
- Create formal change request documentation and represent these to senior IT leadership for change approval
- Stay current on technology trends and software solution offerings from vendors.
- Work on enhancement requests independently, adhering to priorities, processes and change control
- Participate in small projects following the prescribed methodology to ensure project is compliance with PMO processes.
- Participate in implementation of larger projects including large global projects
- IT BA Qualification to HNC/HND level preferred and/or related business experience working with E1 or similar ERP system
- Excellent working knowledge of key business processes
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills required.
- Ability to assist in user workshops, define requirements, write business cases, and design workflow processes.
- Knowledge of E1 and Trax an advantage
- Project experience is also a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a Team and in a matrix reporting environment.
- Must be able to work with and effectively communicate to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the Team.
- Ability to organize, disseminate information efficiently and set expectations.
- Strong time management skills, prioritisation skills and ability to take ownership of issues and tasks