With 50,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world
We are looking for a Clinical Account Manager, Next Generation Sequencing, covering the territory South Germany, Switzerland and Austria
The Ion Torrent S5 is the leading Next Generation Sequencing Platform for Precision Medicine having been selected to drive the world's more complex clinical trials. This position within our Clinical Next Generation Sequencing Division will be to drive sales of our world leading Oncology Portfolio on the S5 platform across the territory.
- Identify sales opportunities primarily within Clinical Molecular Pathology and Translational labs and manage the complete sales process to completion
- Develop and execute business plans for targeted accounts. Complete a territory business analysis for management quarterly review.
- Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis
- Integrate successfully into team selling environment by partnering sales efforts with other Thermo Fisher colleagues
- Assist in driving opportunities for other Genetic Analysis products within Pathology space
- Partner with marketing department to support the development and execution of marketing programs and sales materials
- Obtain successful adoption of the technology within all applied markets while investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically
- Identify the full base of possible target customers by direct marketing and research including exploring additional applied markets
- Manage and maintain key relationships with collaborating partners
- Maintain and develop the CRM database, provide regular sales reports and forecasts
- Graduate qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology preferred
- Clear understanding of the Diagnostic markets, together with a proven track record of working with diagnostics solution based products in those markets
- Good market intelligence with respect to competitive products and vendors
- Ability to sell in a consultative manner such that customer need is discovered and addressed in an individualized clinical and data driven manner
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
- Familiarity with clinical and economic outcome data, reimbursement, and managed care policies and procedures
- Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years Sales experience in clinical market mandatory (management experience desirable)
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable.
- Proven track record in interaction with customers involving capital sales and applications support within the clinical markets
- Commercial acumen and the ability to promote a technical solution as a value for money exercise
- Computer literacy, especially with regard to modern scientific user interfaces, document and presentation preparation and report writing
- Excellent communication skills in English and German, written and spoken.
This role is home office based in Germany, Austria or Switzerland