Job Title: Scientist III, Manufacturing Sciences
Requisition ID: 49389BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently to meet product as well as process release/transfer timelines.
- Lead, plan and design experimental methods to achieve technical objectives as well as identify and solve complex problems.
- Hands-on experience in using lean manufacturing principles in the production environment.
- Work with team to investigate trends, performs statistical analysis to analyze the trends, conduct root cause analysis, provide recommendation and implement corrective action for processes.
- Research, design and implement experiments for future products and lead practical process improvement efforts.
- Provide technical support via knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products and review of current scientific literature.
- Collaborate with departments across the organization to resolve technical issues and support products.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager, extended R&D teams, and senior leadership.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned.
- Interact with suppliers, operations, logistics, QA, EHS, and R&D
- Work with instruments that are used for oligonucleotide manufacturing such as oligonucleotide synthesizer, HPLC, MS, Spectrophotometer, PAGE and liquid handlers.
- Ph.D. in Organic or Biochemistry with a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience: or a B.S. or M.S. in science with a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Experience in the manufacturing of oligonucleotides, their downstream processing and various QC methods to analyze them.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate processes, timelines and schedules clearly.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and being flexible to meet changing priorities.
- Must be highly organized and have strong project management skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of laboratory data and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications
Work in an office and laboratory/manufacturing environment
This position does not have relocation allowance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.