The Healthcare Market Division (HMD) offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians’ offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division is based in Houston, Texas and manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
The Account Manager for the Healthcare Market Division is responsible for improving current relationships and establishing new customers while managing the sales of consumable and diagnostic lab supplies and instrumentation (capital equipment), products and services within a defined geographic area. The Account Manager functions as a liaison between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products and solutions according to customer needs.
- Perform sales activities on assigned accounts including recommending new products and services by evaluating current product results and identifying needs to be filled; negotiating to close sales; performing operational analysis of customers; setting pricing.
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long term sales and earnings.
- Operate as lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to assigned customers.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders to build and maintain long-term relationships with portfolio of assigned customers including physicians, hospitals, lab contacts, retail contacts and other ancillary medical professionals.
- Evaluate and expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services or introducing new applications; Communicate product and service needs; Ensure the timely and successful delivery of products according to customer needs and objectives.
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment through positive planning, deployment and management of sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales specialist, corporate account sales team or member of management as needed to develop sales strategies to improve market share in product lines.
- Complete all required administrative duties, including but not limited to reporting, maintaining files and communicating results.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, biology, life science or related field of study or equivalent experience.
- At least two (2) years demonstrated field selling achievement with preference of selling consumable and diagnostic lab supplies and instrumentation or laboratory experience with proven increase in responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-suite.
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Prior experience with salesforce.com preferred.
- Must complete and maintain vendor credentialing.
- Must have valid driver license and maintain safe driving record.
- May require 20-50% overnight travel. (Based on territory)
This job operates in a professional office and medical facility environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Driving for extended periods of time may also be required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.