Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Cambridge
- General Laboratory Support Operations
- Organize, maintain, clean, and restock central core lab functional areas daily:
- Perform routine lab activities including defrosting freezers, Monitor and add water to incubators, Refill & clean water baths, Refill ethanol bottles in tissue culture rooms. Bleach and empty waste containers as needed.
- Monitor satellite accumulation areas (chemical hoods) for timely disposal of chemicals through Waste Mgmt Vendors
- Organize & wipe down storage shelves in cold rooms, remove expired reagents
- Schedule monthly calibration of CO2/humidity of the tissue culture incubator
- Store and serve as point of contact for packages on ice/dry ice.
- Run simple maintenance on selected laboratory equipment
- Submit requests (on behalf of the scientists) for instrument repairs
- Monitor Central inventory center and work with vendor to optimize organization
- Order & Restock media, instrument buffers, Cold room inventory, agar plates, supplies, solvents & chemicals within authorized limits on behalf of the scientists.
- Monitor, order and replenish safety glasses dispensers for assigned labs
- Coordinate shipping between customer sites Deliver samples to the shipping department daily
- Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences, Physics, Biology or related field preferred, but demonstrated equivalent experience or capability accepted
- Experience in a technical laboratory and a demonstrated organizational ability
- Must possess good working familiarity with analytical laboratory testing equipment, laboratory procedures & protocols.
- Familiarity with computers and software programs
- Ability to support numerous tasks and responsibilities concurrently
- Excellent customer service standards & ability to communicate & work with management, client co-workers,, many staff professionals and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Broad understanding of biology, emphasis in bio therapeutic drug discovery is a plus
- Large laboratory experience across many technology areas including an animal facility
- IT experience to support equipment upgrades, inventory databases, calendar applications
- Experience with 5S organization methodology or equivalent in laboratories would be beneficial
- Experience & understanding of purchasing software (Ariba) would be beneficial
- Project management skills. Highly organized & capable of supporting a complex matrix organization