This position will be responsible for Developing, Establishing & Maintaining Strong Quality Management system across all functions and ensure that all the products leaving the factory premises meet customer specifications and expectations.
Follow PPI, 4i values, safety policies and Business Code of Practice of Thermo Fisher.
- Build strong relationships and deliver highest level of commitments to customers by ensuring quality of our products at levels and stages.
- Constantly review processes through group discussions and reduce waste at all levels and drive quality and reliability of products manufactured and delivered to customers.
- Analyse regular defects observed at manufacturing and implement suitable preventive measures and avoid reoccurrences.
- Candidate should own responsibility and drive "Quality at Source" and "Zero defects thinking" to ensure that incoming parts from suppliers are Pre-inspected and incoming process and documentations are taken care through appropriate system.
- Set up and maintain procedure for raising "Non Conformity" against internal processes, assembly stages and against faulty supplies from suppliers, followed with Root cause analysis (RCA) and Corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPA). Candidate must be conversant with CoPQ concept and calculations and submit monthly MIS to the management.
- Develop and implement methods, procedures and Standard Quality control plans for suppliers which lead to the targeted quality performance at source, delivery performance and cost in an efficient way.
- Prepare and develop "Quality Assurance Plan" / "Inspection and Test Plan"/"Procedures" in consultation with Engineering and Production team to keep our quality objectives and to guarantee products with the lowest possible failure rate during inspection / FAT.
- Owner of various processes like " Pre Inspection Meeting " (PIM), approval of QAP / ITP from customers, giving on time approval of vendors "QAP/ITP", Customer inspection management, hiring TPI, coordinating and controlling outsourcing inspections, Project quality documentations, Final inspection, Quality release notes for shipment etc
- Preparation of Project specific procedures and documentation. Ensure the documentations are in controlled format before / during customer inspection etc.
- Monitors supplier quality performance to assure that only high-quality suppliers are retained.
- Participates in the supplier selection and development process as required to meet our quality standards. Support introduction of new products, parts and localization process.
- Review and analyse reported warranty problems and costs and initiate and monitor corrective actions. Support them for tooling, fixtures, test equipment, instructions, procedures and pre qualifications to meet our quality standards
- Actively work on the continuous improvement of our processes and the reduction of internal and external cost of quality.
- Communicate and co-operate with other departments, so that desired production and company outcomes are met.
- Implementation of instructions and trainings for employees in quality management topics
- Support the departments on quality, environmental and safety issues and actively participate in their improvement projects. Check whether policies, systems, standards and methods are adequate or need to be improved
- Identify relevant quality-related training needs and provide training, tools and techniques to enable more quality awareness
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Candidates with more than 10-15 years in the areas of Quality Management, handling supplier quality function in Manufacturing, assembly, testing of analytical instruments.
- Good technical understanding of Analytical / Electronic Instruments and calibration.
- Good understanding of various quality improvement tools & techniques : SPC, Kaizen, 5S, TPM etc
- Exposure to various manufacturing process like PCB Assemblies, welding, machining, painting, assembly, testing, quality monitoring.
- Knowledge/ exposure to various standards like ISO Standards, RoHS, CE Marking, NABL accredition, etc.
- Exposure of customer complaint analysis & quality improvement projects.
- Good knowledge / handling of testing instruments & calibration procedures.
- Degree in Electronics & Telecommunications/Mechanical / Production / Industrial Engineering with several years of experience in Quality.
- Certification in Quality Management ( ISO Lead assessor, TQM, Six sigma, black belt etc) is an asset
- Self-driven and Good communicator
- Independent, determined and assertive
- Excellent People Manager
- Customer Oriented
- Effective and Innovative
- Willingness to travel
- Analytical skills and problem solving