When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is responsible for successfully testing/troubleshooting instruments in order to achieve the daily build plan, developing the technical capabilities of others and supporting Manufacturing Engineering activities related to New Product Introductions, process development/improvement/validation, and assembly/test fixture development.
- Ensure build plan for your instrument(s) are achieved on a daily basis
- Be the “go to” person and first point of escalation for challenging technical issues in your areas of expertise
- Support Design Transfer of New Products through the development of manufacturing processes/fixtures, writing work instructions, training technicians and coordinating feedback with R&D
- Support the daily execution of the Quality Management System
- Utilize continuous improvement and engage colleagues within Operations to eliminate waste and improve product quality
- Support development and execution of process validations and design of experiments to identify the root cause of our top failure modes
- Process Engineering Change Orders and Engineering Deviation Authorizations with support from Manufacturing Engineering
- Perform failure analysis on nonconforming material where appropriate
Minimum Requirements or Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or Certificate in an Engineering discipline required
- 5+ years of applicable work experience
- Strong leadership and written/oral communication skills required
- Experience with Lean tools preferred
- Experience with instrument/medical device manufacturing a plus
Physical Duties: Normal manufacturing environment with a moderate amount of bending, standing and walking. May lift up to
25 lbs. All responsibilities assume the ability to speak, hear, see and be manually dexterous.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com