When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Lead responsibility for design, development, test, deployment and maintenance of web-based next gen sequencing software in Java/JEE technologies
- Define technical requirements and create user-stories, create high-level architectural/design specifications ensuring feasibility and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering, software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently
- Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- BS/MS in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Excited about building world-class software solutions that improve lives.
- Hands on Experience in Cross-browser development and troubleshooting
- 5+ years hands on experience designing web-based applications in Java/JEE technologies
- Hands on experience in Java application development frameworks and technologies: Apache tomcat, JPA/Hibernate, JSP, Struts2, Spring, REST APIs and JSON/XML/Ajax
- Solid programming experience and very strong in programming disciplines like object oriented principles, design patterns, data structures and unit testing (TDD using junit)
- Significant experience using Agile Scrum development processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and “figure out what needs figuring out”
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Knowledge in database applications (MySQL/Oracle)
- Experience with building applications using genomic data
Location and Work Environment:
- We are hiring in Bangalore, India. ThermoFisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.